3.17.2011

Paper flower topiary

DSCN0837
I decided to get crafty today and created this paper flower topiary.  I’ve seen these around and thought that it was simple enough for even me to do it.
I used a large styrofoam ball, about 8” wide. I cut out two sizes of flowers, a larger flower in blue and a smaller flower in white.
DSCN0826 
To save some time, I placed a stack of 4 or 5 together and then bent the petals up.
DSCN0825
I didn’t have just one colour of pins, so I used what I had, multi-coloured.  Place the styrofoam in a can or something similar to keep it steady while inserting the pins.
DSCN0829

I'm sharing in the fun at the parties found here

8 comments:

  1. You are just beaming with talent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute, mel! i love it! can spring just get here already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! Thank you for stopping by and linking today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well done, I will save this for my own use later. Check out my recent post @ http://blog.memetales.com/2011/03/st-patricks-day-craft-and-book/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet! Can almost smell the flowers. Have a great weekend, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling! What a great little project for Spring and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks great! So many things I'd like to try and no time :( Thanks for the comment, I'm feeling better only left with a lingering cough. Uggh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks awesome! I saw some bunnie rabbits done the same way this weekend at a little shop and I really loved them.

    I'm going to do this one for sure.

    Back in the late 80's/early 90's, Wal-Mart used to sell these doll forms and the skirt was made of styrofoam. The kit included sequins and pins to stick the sequins to the skirt. I did dozens of those things. Your topiary is just a really great update to them.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.