11.17.2013

Faux fireplace part 2

There is actually another phase to this project, involving repainting the entire living room, so for now it will stay like this. Painting is a job best left for the boring and long winter.

Today I finished painting and hung a mirror over top temporarily. I am looking forward to actually having a mantle to decorate with each season, yay!

Faux fireplace at Junkin Junky

Faux fireplace at Junkin Junky

last night my bestie and her husband came by for a cup of tea and a gab, and I asked her to pose next to the mantel for a perspective on its size. She is going to kill me for posting this picture, tee hee hee.

DSCN4939

anyway, that’s that out of the way and the painting will wait until the holidays, when I will have 14 days off in a row!

I hope you are having a great weekend.

My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaChic on a Shoestring Decorating

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Mel!
    Looks great!
    And now, thanks to your friend, all of us can imagine the size of your new, gorgeous fireplace;)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crow, either she's tiny or your mantel is ginormous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it! I was thinking the same thing as Anne above...it's either tall or she's tiny. Either way it's stunning! I like the paint treatment you gave it. How fun to have a mantel to decorate for the holidays and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is AWESOME! and yes, is she tiny or is that mantle huge? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, greeaaat job Mel :D makes a huge statement and you will have so much fun doing it up for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mel, lovely fireplace and the mirror is perfect for it. Hello to you too Mels friend!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.