11.29.2013

Updated ottoman

I’m so glad that Target has come to Canada!  They always have great home decor items and the prices are reasonable. Finding decent and modern fabric here is difficult. The best source I’ve been able to find, other than shopping at the ultra expensive decorator fabric stores, is Tonic Living.

Target to the rescue when you don’t have time to wait for the mail. I bought a shower curtain to recover this ottoman, using a very simple method of sewing up the sides and then stapling it to the bottom. I should have ironed the fabric first to take the creases out, oh well.

JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Of course I didn’t notice the bag under the ottoman until after I took the photos. Now the sun is going down, so I can’t do a retake.

JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

I started pulling out some Christmas items too; I’m uber excited to decorate my mantel, but now that I’ve seen so many great ideas, I’m frozen as to what to do with it.

JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

My thrift store mirror that I found last week for $8 needed a little bling and looks fabulous above my faux fireplace. I used antique gold rub and buff, I love that stuff.

JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

I hope all of my American friends had a fab Thanksgiving. Let the holidays begin!

JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! It looks amazing (and I didn't see the bag until you mentioned it and I went back to look!!)

    I love the silver decorations too. Have a great weekend Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Target :) and I just love your mantle Mel, it's simply lovely. The mirror is just so cooool, can't you believe the amazing deal on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I still have not made it into a Target yet! I love that mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Can't believe that's a shower curtain! Looks SO pretty and love the blue and silver mantel. I love Tonic Living too.
    I've decided I need a fireplace mantel like yours. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment love.

Be sure to check to see if you have an email associated with your log in id, otherwise I have no way of responding to your comment.